FLUOR-O-FLO® XPress PTFE Clamp-Joint Piping System
Following are instructional videos that provide step-by-step guidelines for installation of our FLUOR-O-FLO® XPress PTFE Clamp-Joint Piping System. Click here for our installation instructions in PDF form.
*Please note: Installation tools and supplies shown are commercial items that can be obtained from Micromold Products. They are also widely available from plumbing supply houses or industry catalogues.
1. To make proper joints, the tube end needs to be cut square, with no roughness, chips or strings. To accomplish this, we recommend using the REED No. TC3QP Tube Cutter with the REED 30-40P cutter wheel*.
2. To ensure the tubing fits smoothly into the FLUOR-O-FLO XPress Coupling-Clamp without damage to the clamp’s o-rings, the ends of the tubing should be beveled. For this, we recommend using the REED No. DEB4 Deburring Tool*.
3. The patented Coupling-Clamp contains a built-in gauge to show the depth of installation - the distance from the step in the stainless steel strap to the open end of the coupling is the proper depth (see diagram). Hold the step against the open end of the pipe and mark the installation depth on the pipe with a fine-point ink or china marker.
4. Smear the tube end with Formula-8® Teflon® PTFE paste sealant* (available from Micromold). Push the Coupling-Clamp over the tube end until it “hits bottom”. Using the ink or china mark, confirm that the tube is installed full depth.
5. Tighten the clamp nut to a torque of 70 inch-lbs. This clamp pressure will deform the o-ring seals. It will also deform the tube slightly creating a slight bell-shape behind the open end. This pressure and deformation will hold the tube firmly in place and provide a leak-tight joint that does not require retorquing.